The M. Willis White Business Scholarship presented by White Properties stands in honor of a Winchester/Frederick County business leader, M. Willis White who has inspired and grown business leaders from our area’s youth. In recognition of his leadership and to continue to build on growing our area’s youth, a scholarship has been developed to assist high school students in our area schools in their pursuit of business degrees. The scholarship is in the amount of $500.00 (five hundred dollars) per area high school; designated as Millbrook High, James Wood High, Sherando High, and Handley High. The scholarship is awarded to a well deserving graduating senior of each high school’s locality who is pursuing a business-related track in an accredited institution. The scholarship will be paid directly to the student receiving the scholarship.
A committee of the leadership at White Properties Inc. will select a recipient from each school and present the awards at our company headquarters located at 1520 Commerce Street in Winchester at a mutually agreeable date/time between the receipient and scholarship committee. The committee must receive all applications with supporting documentation by the last business day of April (April 29th, 2022). Scholarship winners will be notified in mid-May regarding their status.
- Completed and signed application and all supporting documents received by the deadline.
- Attained a Grade Point Average of at least 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale) in their last full year of study.
- Proof of acceptance into a business-related post secondary education program
- Completed essay, typed, double-spaced between 250-1000 words on the subject: “Why I Wish to Pursue a Career in Business”
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, preferably from a business leader/owner and a teacher involved in your business education.
- Any additional information submitted to support the essay is welcome, however, limited to 4 attachments NOT including the 2 letters of recommendation.
The following additonal considerations are not required but extended to:
- FBLA, DECA, FFA members
- National Honor Society members
- Those with volunteer hours in their community
- Those that are in multiple business classes
- Those with business internships or work experience
- Those in additional clubs at school
- Those in community civic clubs
- Creativity of overall application/presentation (25%)
- Essay (20%)
- Community Involvement (15%)
- Academic performance (10%),
- Recommendations (10%)
- Business Club Involvement (10%)
- Subjective (10%)
✔ TIP: Our focus on creativity and essay allow students to use all forms of social media, video or any other media if the student so chooses to use those avenues. Creativity in business is a true measure of one’s ability to move a company forward!
Applications should be submitted prior to the deadline of the last business day of April (April 29th, 2022). Any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below to apply today!